Old January 20th, 2009, 02:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
gdiska

Default Italian landline or mobile phone

On Jan 20, 12:41*am, Piero wrote:
Giovanni Drogo ha scritto:

and numbers starting with "8" are usually free or low price for
the caller (I believe 800 are really toll free, 840 cost as a local call
irrespective from where one is calling). Also there can be limitations
when calling such numbers from cell phones.

BEWARE to 899 numbers, that are very high cost numbers (like 1-900 in
USA)!!!

Ciao, Piero.

Thank you all for writing.

About the high cost numbers, we have been charged sometimes when
returning a call. Yes, we have be careful with that.

Regards,

Aitor
http://www.bidai.info