Old October 7th, 2004, 11:32 PM
eüphemism

"Robert Morrisette" wrote in message
You are lucky. Almost every year hurricanes hit Florida, kill people and
cost billions of dollars. How can you stand the high temperatures and
humidity?

Sabu

Robert... you might want to reconsider that statement.... I lived in
Florida for over 25 years and endured only one hurricane. During that time,
many storms came close, very few hit the state. The only one of much
consequence was Andrew, thought there were others. None of these but Andrew
did the sort of damage that any of the four from this season did to Florida.
There was ONE that hit from the gulf side that did some damage up in the Big
Bend area, but all the others were pretty much rain events.

Having come from Illinois, I can tell you that the humidity was to laugh at
when I could sit on my porch in shorts in February and the scuba diving was
far superior to the sort of mud baths we would get in the quarries up north.