Old May 13th, 2004, 01:44 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

Default Recommendations - the perfect climate?

I am lucky, Mila. There's little more important than being lucky in love.

Better.... MUCH better!!!

Mila

"Howie" wrote in message

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

She won't answer, but in those days, there was none to compare with.

Not that you're in any way prone to prejudice on the topic!

{But take my advice, in such matters sticking to the present tense is

always
the best choice. At worst, it ups your chances of "getting lucky". For

some
reason this calls to mind that recently a [very lovely] friend's husband
made the mistake of reacting to her new red haircolor by saying "I

married a
blonde!". Without missing a beat, she replied "And I married a 23

year-old
with a 29 inch waist... kinda explains that "better or worse" thing, I
guess".)

I am lucky, Mila. There's little more important than being lucky in love.

Mila

"Howie" wrote in message

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

...The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was to get IN

the

cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go. This always worked.

One can only assume, Eileen, that you're a world-class beauty!

She won't answer, but in those days, there was none to compare with.

Howie

Mila

"Eileen Garland" wrote in message

BTC/TAK on ACK wrote:

Cab drivers certainly can be a bit "crazy-making", can't they? I

don't

know

much [oh, let's be honest here, I know nothing] about Lisbon's taxi

laws.

They [drivers] undoubtedly pay no attention to them anyhow... kind of

like

NYC cabbies. Trying to get a Manhattan cabbie to take you into

Brooklyn

can

be maddening. (I do, by the way [and it's way too complicated a story

get

into here] have reason to know that certain "contracts" [presumably,

even

verbal ones] there are only considered binding if in Portuguese.}

Tee hee. The way I used to get a cab to Brooklyn as a teenager was to
get IN the cab before I told the driver where I wanted to go. This
always worked.

Eileen