Old October 28th, 2004, 10:12 AM
vicki Steven

in article , Peter at
lid wrote on 24/10/04 9:33 AM:

In article , JohnM says...
I found one item very interesting. Do you think I should devote 1 week
to Wellington and its surroundings? What would you include in its
surroundings? I know people in Wellington, too, but not as well as in
Auckland, so I could stay there longer.

Auckland is nice, but for my money I'd spend longer in Wellington. Te
Papa could easily take up a couple of days to do it properly, there's
galleries and gardens and all sorts of things. Wellington is just one
fascinating city and it's all very compact so it's not dufficult to get
around.

On my last trip to Wellington I discovered a small gem on the Kapiti Coast -
Nga Manu Reserve - has walk through aviaries with Kereru & other native
birds plus a kiwi house & numerous tuatara.

Vicki