Old March 31st, 2004, 09:49 AM
Sebastian Millies

Default Treatment of tourist in India

Oh well, speaking from experience in Northern Kerala and
Karnataka, dressing moderately doesn't always help. Men
will still stare at foreign women, keep too close, not move away
when they get told off etc. Behavior changes rapidly once a) the
woman's husband is near, b) the woman is together with some
Indian women or c) a policeman approaches. The point is,
men will take liberties with foreign women they wouldn't even
dream of taking with Indian women, and that is pretty much
regardless of your dress and behavior. Perhaps not surprising,
considering that India is one of the most sexually repressive
countries I have ever been to with my wife.

-- Sebastian

"Thomas F. Unke" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
) writes:

Are thse articles exaggerating or should you be wary in India,
especially single females?

The foreign women I spoke to in India didn't have any problems
there. The only woman who complained being harrassed was a US woman
with 80% of her huge tits visible.

Just dress moderately.