Old April 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default Eurostar to Paris

Mike Lane wrote:

[]
Yes, I agree. I look back with regret to past times when one was able simply
to go to a train station, buy a ticket, and get on the first available train
- more or less whatever one's destination - certainly for journeys less than
an hour or two.

I have never bought an advance ticket for a journey from Manchester for
less than two hours- even on leisure, the savings wouldn't be enough to
merit it- and on many of the routes advance tickets can't be bought. The
closest journey time where I do often buy advance tickets would be
Manchester-London, which is around 2 hours 5 minutes.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)