Old December 18th, 2011, 05:38 AM posted to rec.travel.air
David Horne[_2_]

Default Aer Lingus ex Shannon- preclearance for US flights?

S Viemeister wrote:

On 12/17/2011 7:28 AM, David Horne wrote:
S wrote:

Good to know - I've been considering going through Ireland rather than
London, for my next cross-pond trip.

Most times I've done it recently has been via Amsterdam.
Manchester-Shannon-Boston is going more in the right direction! I do
recommend this way, it's a quiet airport, and there's tons of space and
nice comfy soft seats in the departure gate area. Noisy propeller plane
on the way here though...

The price difference was what appealed to me - it's nice to know that
it's a pleasant airport.

It's a simple one- the waiting area before immigration has no windows,
but you're likely to spend most of your time at the gate area which is
very bright. I chose the ticket on price too, but I'd spend a little bit
more to do that route the same way again...

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)