Old March 27th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Ar Fai Ve

Default Tourists/visitors can no longer park in DC Metro lots

wrote:
Are you ---ing serious?? Notwithstanding the civil liberties
implications, this means tourists and visitors travelling to

What civil liberty? You can still pay cash for the card and
add value to it anonymously through fare machines as mentioned
in the press release (emphasis added by me):

SmarTrip is available for purchase by ****CASH*****, check or
credit/debit card...

If you really value your privacy at more than $5, then purchase
a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and use them randomly.

I wish the DC area would make parking meters and the pay
garages at the airports SmartTrip compatible. No more having
to scrounge up quarters and dimes to feed the meter. No more
having to wait in a huge line of credit card payers when
exiting the BWI airport garage, etc. Europe is far ahead of
the US in terms of deployed pay parking technology.