Old March 11th, 2004, 01:14 AM
ozieb

Default Sudan

Folks
I 'm planning a trip to the Sudan in October 2004 and would appreciate some
guidance and info. At this stage think I will fly from Cairo to Khartoum to
secure all the documents and permissions to travel north. I want to make my
way down river to finally catch the ferry back into Egypt - say 3 - 4 weeks.
Musings - can I get accommodation and food and water at the villages, do I
really need a sleeping bag, how tough are the desert crossings and what sort
of preparation should I do, can anyone suggest tips or tricks to make life a
little easier, any one care to come along for the ride? My interests are
Egyptology, archaeology and Islam and I've travelled widely in the Middle
East from Syria to Yemen and particularly Egypt.
Any and all info would be appreciated.
Cheers
Bruce