Old August 26th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Chris

In article ,
says...
Hi, I am intending on renting a car out for our upcoming trip to
Mauritius. Would appreciate it if someone can suggest a website with
a detailed road map. If its not avaialble online, can someone suggest
a detailed map that can bought either online or once we get there.

And would be also grateful for comments as to whether renting a car
(instead of hiring a taxi/catching a bus) is a better option? Have
heard some skepticism from the ones who've had a bit of a bitter
experience struggling with no-so-well-marked roads !!!

Also any websites that I can get my hands on the Bus Timetable?

Regards

Try:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...93475472/sr=1-
6/ref=sr_1_8_6/026-8424942-9390006

And the Royston ellis guide with good maps:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...93475472/sr=1-
9/ref=sr_1_8_9/026-8424942-9390006

Buses don't even think about it!

Rent a car for your holiday. It MUST have A/C. Use one of the nationals
on the net before you go. It's cheaper. Take two copies of your agreement
with you showing the exact amount you will pay inc. CDW, Insurance etc.
Give one to the desk when you collect your car and keep one to show when
you drop off. Otherwise things have a habit of being "added on" at the
last minute !!!! Some companies will deliver & collect from your
hotel/resort. Check the charge for this!

Driving in Mauritius is easy just avoid Port Louis in the rush hour. Park
your car in proper car parks (with attendants) in major towns as
otherwise your radio might disappear!

Pip pip
--
Chris Notton
Replace "nospam" with my surname to reply by email