Old January 9th, 2004, 04:01 PM
BAC

Default Tanzania ....got 4 weeks to play with .....Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I've got a lot of research to do...looks like. I can see that this is not going to be a cheap trip and am willing to spend a few bucks but I hesitate to set myself up on an organized tour (which looks like the cheaper way to go). I can see that I will still have to join a safari for parts of the trip. I tend to just show up and try to put together my trip as I go (hit or miss approach...sometimes my timing is not so good). Now I'm toying with a northern route and then a boat trip into Uganda for the gorillas.....I'm looking for a new experience, to see the wild life and local color. I'm willing to spend a few bucks but tend to stay in budget accommodations. I have also learned that it is sometimes more cost effective to throw down the credit card and hop a local flight than to spend 2 days on a bus, train ect. I've eaten enough dust. By the by, how tough is it to use a credit card (I know, they have to charge you a %). I keep reading how US cash rules but having been held up, at gun point, and try to limit the cash I carry. How tough is it to cash TT's?
BAC

"BAC" wrote in message news Tanzania Suggested Routes of Travel. I plain to go to Tanzania for 4 weeks, Feb to March. I'm open to a travel route with an end point in Zanzibar for a week to work on the tan and do some diving. I think I'll have to bag the Killi climb...don't think my knee will make it. I'm open to suggestions. Also....how bad are the little rains in Feb-March, will they pose a travel problem. I will also carry a Digi camera...how tough is it to find an outlet for rechargeable batteries??

TIA,

BAC