Old March 11th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Alan S

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:04:57 -0800, "Joseph"
wrote:

|Plan on driving from Germany to Slovenia through Austria in one day. Are
|there toll roads that I would have to use in Austria? If so any idea how
|much for a small car? Can they be avoided?
|
|Joe

Elsewhere I mentioned the Eurodrive leaseback. It has one minor
disadvantage - a bright red "I am a tourist" numberplate.

That is how we found out from the policemen (who look for signals like
that) that we should have bought a sticker for the windscreen before
travelling on Austria's main roads. It cost us 120 euros for this
friendly advice; it would have cost something much less if we'd bought
a sticker first.

Czech has a similar system - stop at the first opportunity as you
cross the border in each country to purchase the stickers.

Cheers, Alan