Old March 11th, 2005, 12:46 PM
tile

I guess it is almost impossible to travel in Austria without paying a
VIGNETTE and /or paying extra for tunnel and bridges.
the cost is very reasonable..
about 8 eur for a week.
you can buy it at any gasoline station
the similar system applies to czech republic and Slovak republic
in Slovenia you have toll booths like in Italy

in Germany you do not pay.. for the moment.
trucks already pay.. the system being based on satellite controls
the same system applies in austria for trucks or any vehicle above 3500 kg
"Joseph" ha scritto nel messaggio
Plan on driving from Germany to Slovenia through Austria in one day. Are
there toll roads that I would have to use in Austria? If so any idea how
much for a small car? Can they be avoided?

Joe