Old May 10th, 2010, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Bob Myers

Default Two days in Tokyo. Advice please!

On 5/7/2010 4:19 PM, Spencer wrote:
Hi, I am an elderly, but mobile person who will be returning to Tokyo
for two full days in September and would appreciate comments and
advice on my proposed sightseeing. My hotel is in the Shinjuku district.
Tuesday: Marunouchi line to Otemachi and a visit to the Imperial
Palace gardens. Then from Otemachi by Hanzumon line to
Kiyosumi-Shirakawa and change to Toei-Odeo line to Ryokoku and after a
visit to the Odeo museum, return to Shinjuku on the same line.
Wednesday: From Shinjuku, Toeei-Odeo line to Shiodome and change to
Yurikamome line to Fune-No-Kagakuka and visits to the Museum of
Maritime Sciences and the National Museum of Emerging Science. Now
here is where I am unsure! Can I go from the museum district on Odaiba
by boat to Asakusa? If so would like to do this and then return to
Shinjuku on the Ginza & Marunouchi lines.
Any comments, suggestions or advice will be appreciated. As you
cansee, I like museums!
Thanks
Spencer

Spencer, is that you? :-) Long time no talk!

You can e-mail me at the old address, if so - would love to talk more
about your upcoming Tokyo trip. I was last there myself in October.

As you've heard already, there IS a "water bus" (actually, a couple
of them) from Odaiba back to "mainland Tokyo", but I can't tell you
much more than that as I've never taken them. The Rinkai and Yuriakamome
lines were always more convenient for me, esp. since the times I've been
out to Odaiba, I was actually staying there in order to attend
conferences at the Tokyo Big Sight convention center. (The Grand
Pacific is a pretty nice hotel.)

There's a pass avaiable which covers the Rinkai and Yurikamome
lines AND the water bus; see:

http://yurikamome.co.jp/english/index.php

Have a great trip; hope to hear about it when you get back.

Bob M.