Old April 12th, 2004, 01:54 PM
ilko

Default Bad experience with the Dominican republic visa requirements

Yep Miguel,
I saw it's unofficial either,just after i posted the message. Try to
use Google and find official ones if you can. When you see 5 or 10
(random or unofficial) sites stating the same, will you keep on
searching?
Further more - the official sites of the Dominican republic embassy in
Pakistan and Italy are still stating Bulgarians need not a visa.
Total after long hours searching in internet I have found the
following informatin about visas.
Sites confirming Bulgarian citizens DO NOT need a visa:

http://www.cons-dom.fi.it/turismo/index.html - official
http://www.serex.gov.do/ is not aviable in English
http://www.dominicanconsulate.org.pk/tourismframe.htm - official
and many other unofficial (random in your words)which I already
posted.

I have found ONLY 2 (3) official sites confirming Bulgarian citizens
DO need a visa:

www.domrep.org
www.drembassy.org/english plus
www.serex.gov.do where its english section is under construction.

Which one(s) are accredited or with an actual information? How can you
be sure of that?

Miguel, my point is that information about the Dominican republic visa
requirements is confusing and hard to be gathered from official
sources in english in internet.It is not neither my job nor a hobby to
do so deep search. As an average user a several sites, giving general
tourist information usually are enough.
I did that search an year ago, found that I don't need a visa and went
there with no troubles. At the same time, as I wrote in the original
post, two other bulgarians I met there were told by the Dominican
embassy in London to obtain a visa costed £120(~US $216) each.
Confusing isn't it?
In other hand the post it's not only about the visa requirements is
it?