Old September 17th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Hatunen

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:29:38 -0700, "PeterL"
wrote:

"Todd Kunioka" wrote in message
om...
"PeterL" wrote in message

"PDawg77" wrote in message
om...
My husband and I will be visiting LA in December. We don't know anyone
in the area, and would rather make like a local than do all that
touristy stuff.

Well, when you are staying at a hotel in BH, it's kind of tough to make

like
a local. Locals by and large do what locals do: buy grocery, go to the
mall, stay home and watch TV

If you want to make your grocery shopping more interesting, buy them
at a farmer's market. There are a number in the Los Angeles area.
Two "permanent" farmer's market-like experiences would be 1) The
Farmer's Market, at the corner of Fairfax and Third, and 2) Grand
Central Market, near the corner of Third and Broadway.

Strongly agree.

Grand Central Market is in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. It's
across the street from the Bradbury Building, which is an architectual
structure of some renown. You can walk into the lobby during normal
business hours, and I would recommend that.

The Bradbury Bldg must be the most recognizable movie building in the world.
I have seen it in more movies and TV shows than I can count.

But it's the inside that is so recognizable. I was just
re-watching Blade Runner a week or so ago and wondering about the
huge mess the filmmakers made