Old September 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Athel Cornish-Bowden

Default on the subject of airports..

On 2013-09-10 10:24:13 +0000, Tom P said:

... for flights inside the Schengen area, is there now a some kind of
agreement that you don't need a passport or an official ID card?
I've noticed recently that on internal flights in Germany I never
needed to show anything other than a boarding card, but I hate dragging
my passport around for no good reason, and I'd hate to be refused
boarding just because I didn't have it with me.

I flew from Paris to Vienna last week, and back again yesterday. In
neither direction did I have to show any evidence at any moment that I
was me. Anyone who knew my booking number could have flown. Mind you, I
wouldn't count on it, even for an internal flight.

--
athel