Old September 23rd, 2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.air
(PeteCresswell)

Default Sikhs oppose new turban rules

Per William Black:
And in what way do you think this relevant to this issue?

Somebody starts a religion. Then they declare some behavior
that is at odds with the society around them tb essential to the
practitioners of said religion - and wants to be exempted.

Granted Skihs have been wearing turbans for a long time, but in
the context of everybody else having to remove their shoes and -
presumably - other types of headgear, what makes them so special?

Seems like the wearing of totally-concealing burkahs is a similar
issue.

Don't take this to mean that I'm unconditionally in favor of the
pre-flight inspections that are currently going on: I'm not and I
think a lot of time and money spent on them could be better spent
elsewhere.
--
PeteCresswell