Old September 17th, 2004, 02:36 AM
Roger B.

"user1" wrote...
Does anyone have any experience with E-Z Rent-A-Car?
I searched Usenet without finding any opinions, pro or con.

Short answer, no. I used Payless in Orlando once....perfect bait and
switch. They didn't have the car I had a confirmed reservation for.
They had other, higher cost, vehicles. I was under time restraints so
I had to take it. Had it been Hertz, I would have had a car at the
original
rate, even if all they had was a Lincoln.

I recently had a similar experience with Thrifty in Vegas, and when
I complained, they "found" a vehicle in the class I reserved that had
scratches and drove poorly. Then tried to dun me for the damages
that I had marked on the inspection check-out card (I had a copy).

I coming around to the POV that a few extra dollars at a reputable
agency is worth the expense. To me, that means Hertz, Avis, and
possibly National, Dollar or Budget. [R]