Old June 16th, 2005, 10:44 AM

John:

"This strike has been publicized for some time, maybe weeks. Dutch
labor
unions are so accommodating and user friendly in announcing job
actions,
but they never back down once the strike call is made, unless the
manglement (deliberate) backs down first. Strike for another day to go
to Paris."

Too bad Thalys didn't mention that small fact when I booked my tickets.
In fact they didn't mention it to a bunch of people because as of a
week ago all the direct trains were full.

In the end we will rent a car. For 2 people it's not *enormously* more
than the train fare.

Unfortunately I have a meeting on Friday, so can't change the schedule.