Old August 20th, 2007, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.asia
Spehro Pefhany

Default How to pack light, some tips

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:08:41 GMT, the renowned "William Black"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
http://home.comcast.net/~plutarch/packlight.html

This guy carries a HUGE bottle of shampoo, vitamin pills and aspirin, but
doesn't carry Imodium or a mobile phone...

I carry a small bottle of shampoo, because I don't like the free
stuff. Maybe 200ml, which could last for several weeks. Not having a
mobile phone seems silly.

He carries a towel that weighs half a pound...

Screw that. What kind of place won't supply a towel? Even a dump
should have them if you ask.

But he doesn't carry a change of trousers...

Ewwww!

He carries an electric shaver and a dictionary, but no phrase book...

Electric shaver?

Very odd.

He also recommends you buying batteries when you need them, which does
rather seem to indicate that he doesn't get off the beaten track much...

Depends what kind of batteries you need... AA cells and 9V batteries
are available just about anywhere. If you need special photo batteries
then you'd better have spares outside cities.

When travelling really light for pleasure, I liked to take along
discounted hard cover novels, which can be left behind as they are
read, thus making room for other stuff that accumulates.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany