Old April 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default Mobile phones in Australia

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article .nl,
lid says...

2 *what* cents? If 2 Euro cents, then pre-paid calling cards are a
wash, i.e. about the same price. If AU$ cents, then they're just a bit
more expensive, 2.3 US$ cents. However they are much more versatile,
because they work from *any* phone.

At the level of 2 cents/minute calls are so cheap, that they are
essentially free. Unless you spend hours on the phone it will be hard to
spend more than a few Euro on phone calls.

Agreed. So you're basically saying that Skype on *free-of-charge*
Internet is about the same "essentially free" price as a pre-paid
calling card, so the OP can choose whichever he likes best.

And why did you silently snip the third option?

I have no idea what that thing is, which is why I didn't comment on
that.

Because it's too cheap to fit with your agenda?

What agenda?

You seemed to be pushing Skype. Perhaps I 'read' you wrong, but since
you again silently snipped relevant comments, I don't think I do.

[...]

Minor nit: Your attribution line is broken, it mentions the poster's
e-mail address - which, as in my case, often is rather meaningless - but
does not mention the poster's name.