Old July 20th, 2006, 04:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

"Sapphyre" wrote in message
oups.com...

And sometimes they probably pull someone over because they feel like
it, driving around suspiciously in a known drug-neighbourhood kind of
thing. That's never happened to me either, even when I've been
hopelessly lost somewhere, and trying to read addresses or street names.

I was also pulled over once because my description matched the perpetrator
and my car matched the getaway car in robbery (or some such thing - they
never did tell me) that had just been committed in the neighborhood where I
was driving. They were extremely unpleasant; fortunately another squad car
had nailed the suspect; unfortunately the cops that pulled me over didn't
discover that tidbit for about 4 hours. Yes, I got hauled in and yes my car
got towed. I did get a letter of apology, though. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or