Old March 13th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Iceman

Default Hong Kong to Chengdu Flights

(eslet) wrote in message . com...
I need to fly from Hong Kong to Chengdu in April. I called a travel
agency here and they said my best bet is to buy a ticket in china.
Buying in the US the tickets are at least $325 one-way. I will be
arriving in Hong Kong 2 days before I need to fly to chengdu. My
questions - is it safe to wait until I get to hong kong to buy the
ticket (given only 2 days advance purchase), and how much should I
expect to pay?

Flights from the Hong Kong region into mainland Chinese cities are
generally much cheaper if you cross the border and fly from Shenzen or
Guangzhou rather than from Hong Kong itself.