Old September 23rd, 2004, 05:43 AM
Pan

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:20:10 GMT, "tUMA"
wrote:

me and my friend are thinking abut traveling to the us east coast around feb
2005

Note: Weather is unpredictable, but February can be a very cold month
in the Northeast and Middle Atlantic states.

We will proberly get a eastern rail pass and travel around for about 3
weeks.

Where looking for recommendations on where to go?

Snow and ice allowing, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington.
That's more than enough for 3 weeks!

New York and Florida are the main 2 we want to see.

Have you checked the travel time from New York to the city/-ies in
Florida you want to visit? It's about 1,500 miles from New York to
Miami, for example. My advice is, if you want to visit Florida, either
fly in to Florida and spend your time there, or fly into, say, New
York, stay for two weeks, and get a separate round-trip flight to some
city in Florida that interests you.

I also thought about
going to Dallas

Do you want to take two-day rail trips? Note, too, that sleeper
accomodations on Amtrak tend to cost more than flights! I don't know
what discount you can get with special passes, but Dallas wouldn't be
on an eastern pass, I figure.

but im sure theres someone out there whos been to the US and
has some good places for us to visit. We want places with plenty to do
during the day. is there any good National PArks ?

Seems to me, in February, you'd better be skiing if you're going to a
park in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic areas.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.