Old November 4th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Liz

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:40:38 -0000, "Bobby" wrote:

I'm going to Kenya next year (February) for two weeks (my 25th anniversary).

I live in the UK.

I'm not sure what injections I need to get before I go. Can anyone advise
me? Cheers.

Hi Bobby:
Did you think about consulting your GP/Travel nurse?
In our practice the travel nurse gets you to fill out a form saying where
you're going and the type of travel involved, then sends the details online
up to the tropical medicine place in Glasgow who send down a list of what's
needed.

She then cross-checks this with your medical record, gives you a schedule of
when you have to get each injection and gives you a record of injections so
that you know when they should be renewed. Even at that I check each year
since sometimes the requirements are different (sometimes meningitis is
recommended, sometimes not)

Liz

--
Virtual Liz now at http://www.v-liz.com
Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Seychelles; Galapagos