Old December 31st, 2003, 09:34 PM
Gordon

Default Ft. Lauderdale port baggage handlers

"*muffin*" wrote in message
over the years I have gotten used to the 'extortion' of paying baggage
handlers . So when I unloaded my luggage at Ft. Lauderdale port in Nov, I
automatically paid my "bribes". THEN I walked about 40 feet & saw a sign

on
the wall !! the sign said something like baggage handlers are salaried
employees, no tipping necessary.. huh?????

*great* hmmph

sooooo on the way off the ship, I asked one of the cruiseline employees
standing around and asked them about the tipping. I got a REAL vague
hesitant reply... I was told,, "well, uhh,, you can do whatever you feel
comfortable with". ohh gee, great answer..

soooooo for those of you who have been to Ft. Lauderdale recently,, do you
still tip?? or not & worry IF your luggage will survive??

Muffin heading on the ggc2004 with a bunch of my friends!!!!!!!!!

Well tipping may not be required but I would like to know that my luggage is
being well taken care of and $5-10.00 is not going to break me so regardless
I pay up regardless of embarkation port. Same thing when I am flying. I tip
those guys well also.

Gordon Will be cruising from Miami in March.