Old February 13th, 2006, 01:02 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default Small town travel information

There is new website that has loads of interesting information about a
lot of small towns, mostly in Texas but also across the country. They
have a very ambitious project they are trying to accomplish. Their goal
is to have information (largely for travelers) about the culture,
history, events and people in all the small towns accross America. They
want your stories, too. You don't have to be a writer, you just send
them your story in whatever way and they will write it up. If you are a
writer, I think they have a way that they will pay you for any city
information they get. It's very cool. I travel a lot and have found it
frustrating to not be able to find out about the little towns. This is
the first site that I have been able to find that gives you that stuff.