Old August 31st, 2010, 11:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

Default 7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

JImmy wrote:
Thanks for the given information that "I know " guys. I am looking for
someone that has taken a trip of this type with some insight.

We did a similar trip a few years ago, but spent two weeks going by car.
Only the last night was in Las Vegas and we spent a whole lot on a truly
crappy meal. The National Parks and State Parks we visited were magical.
We stayed mostly in non-chain motels and ate all meals in local restaurants
(no fast food places around that we noticed anyhow). The rooms were all
spotlessly clean and the food good, though uninspired.

Walking the trails in the parks can be strenuous, but the maps tell you
which ones require anything other than good shoes and a big jug of water.
We rented horses in Zion and Bryce and the trail rides are especially
spectacular in Bryce. The jeep tours around Moab are very interesting given
the scenery, the tribal art and artifacts in the area, and the region's
history mining uranium. No trip will be long enough.

Keith