Old January 5th, 2004, 05:35 AM
florian

Default US going metric?

"jj" wrote in message ...
I'm curious, has there ever been an attempt at going metric in the US? e.g.
using Celsius? How do people feel about it?

jj

Hi! I was born in "Celsius" European country, now living in San
Francisco Bay area. I like western USA, but in my opinion half
population (Asians, south and central Americans) + thousands tourists
and international busisnessmen in San Francisco area don`t know the
fahrenhait scale. Weather in local TV news and in newspapers is in
fahrenhait only. Where is problem in TV or newspapers to write 90F/32C
or 82F/28C or 54F/12C ? I don`t know. I even complained to local TV
station and had nice answer, but they don`t plan to change.