Old January 5th, 2004, 06:57 AM
alohacyberian

Default US going metric?

"Evelyn C. Leeper" wrote in message
t...
Me wrote:
In article ,
I believe there was a half-hearted attempt to go metric in the '70's.
Other than for scientific purposes, I don't ever expect the United
States to officially adopt the metric system, although it would
definitely benefit from doing so.

About the only effect of the 1970s effort is the two-liter soda bottle.

Also the displacement of automobile engines changed from cubic inches to
liters. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect