Old March 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_4_]

Default Best way to get from Athens airport to a hotel in the Plaka?

"tim....." wrote in message

wrote in message
We're going to Athens in the beginning of June. Our hotel is about 3
blocks from the "Acropolis" Metro stop. Does it make more sense to
grab a taxi from airport to hotel, or is it worth just hopping on the
Metro and riding it in? Thanks in advance.

I can't help you with the taxi but IME the metro from the airport is the
most useless that I have even encountered.

Take the bus - X95 I think - that says Syntagma Square. The cost of the
ticket at the end of 2006 was 2.90 euros and it took about 45 minutes.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore