Old September 25th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Derek F

Default PLS HELP: use of tickets with connection

And when they did their head count on the plane there would be a missing
passenger.
Derek.
"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message

"Usuario Invitado" wrote in message
Please, help me in that question:

If in the return trip I do not use the ticket from Athens to Milan,
because I arrive to Milan by another mean, does the airline
automatically cancel my ticket Milan-Madrid?

Yes.. Unless (theres always an unless) you are flying with a low cost
carrier or your Milan-Madrid ticket is booked entirely seperately from

your
Athens-Milan ticket

This is what my travel
agent claims, since according to the company, if I miss the first
flight, I cannot take the second connection.

It's called hidden city ticketing I believe. Not permitted.

If that's right, I imagine following trick:

A friend, who will fly the same schedule Athens-Milan-Madrid, would make
the check-in in Athens for me and for himself (I would give him an ID),
and get my boarding passes for the two flights.

How would he make the checkin for you and himself? The checking agent will
want to see you in person, not just your ID!

Then I would not take
the first flight in Athens (obviously I would be already in Milan).We
would meet in Milan and my friend would give me the boarding card for
the flight Milan-Madrid

He wouldn't be able to obtain the boarding card, you have to be there in
person, with your ID.

and I would take the plane.
Would in this instance the airline cancel my second boarding card,
because I did not use the first one?

Yes. But anyway, you wouldn't be able to get a boarding card.

Well, I would appreciate any enlightenment on that subject.

My advice would be to book your segments seperately. Book Madrid-Milan
return on one ticket, then book Athens-Milan on another ticket, and if
necessary don't use the return portion of that. You will not be able to

have
your baggage checked through or get boarding passes at your origin so make
sure you leave enough time for your connection.