Old September 25th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Hatunen

Default PLS HELP: use of tickets with connection

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:55:38 GMT, "devil"
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:35:22 -0600, Hatunen wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:23:56 GMT, "George Greene"
wrote:

mrtravel wrote in message news:tXHcb.9506
You and the airline agree to the rules regarding the tariff you bought
the ticket under. These rules state that you fly the segments in the
order they are booked and that you fly all segments.

The airline may be agreeing to those rules, but I am NOT agreeing, not
what how you wish to interpet things

Oh, you are agreeing, at least legally, and it is an enforceable
contract. That fact that you have your fingers crossed when
making the agreement doesn't legally absolve you of the
agreement, nor does the fact that you can frequently get away
with violating the agreement, as when a round trip ticket from At
to C through B costs less than a oneway ticket from A to B, and
you simply toss the rest of the ticket on arriving at B. The
airline's recourse is negligible, whether legally enforceable or
not.

The airline's recourse is not negligible should you wish to use
the ticket from B to C because the RT A to C is cheaper; failure
to show up for the leg from A to B will result in automatic
cancellation of the leg from B to C (as well as the return trip).

If the airlines were so sure it is indeed enforceable, surely they would
try their best to have it tested in court? Until then, I'll take the view
that these rules are not enforceable, so these parts of the CoC are not
part of the contract.

"Enforceable" doesn't mean "worth enforcing".