Old April 17th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Chris Kuan

Icono Clast wrote on Sun 17 Apr 2005 09:39:27p

Jim Logajan wrote:

The Tech Museum in San Jose.

My technical knowledge is minimal. I found the museum pleasant but
unenlightening. Although I've not yet visited it, I hear that the
Children's Museum is much better.

I recommend a visit to The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum and the
Winchester Mystery House. I've been to each several times and plan to
return several more.

Hi all, I'm back in Australia now. Thanks for all your recommendations last
month about San Jose, although as it turns out I really only had one
afternoon there and spent 3 days in Seattle and one in San Francisco, so I
went to the Winchester Mystery House and enjoyed it a lot. Tip: Do a
morning tour, because the guides' voices are totally fscked by 17:00...

The public transport in San Jose was excellent (helped that I stayed
opposite a light rail station, but the buses were good too, suffering only
the usual traffic-delays that one expects in a city), and the CalTrain
service to SF was pretty good too - although I was kinda intimidated by the
size of the train carriages - it looked like an ocean liner was pulling up
in front of me!

Had brilliant clear sunshiney weather for Alcatraz too. Hah! to my friend
who's tried to go twice and been fogged out both times :-)

--
Chris
Concatenate for email: mrgazpacho @ hotmail . com