Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:19 AM
Hallvard Tangeraas

Default Aus. Vodafone prepaid mobile -using it in NZ?

During my stay in Australia I bought a prepaid Vodafone SIM card for
use with my mobile phone. I was under the impression that Australia
and New Zealand had some sort of agreement so they could be used in
both countries "locally" (i.e. not roaming).
But it just doesn't work here at all, so for the time being I've just
installed my SIM card from home (Norway) so I can at least send TXT
messages back home, albeit at a high fee.

Is there some sort of activation available from Australia so I can use
the Vodafone card here? I have AU$ 9 left, which would let me write
quite a few text messages, and since I'll only be in this country for
4 weeks I don't think buying a NZ prepaid SIM package will be worth
it.

Hallvard