Old September 5th, 2004, 07:36 AM
anonymous

Miguel Cruz wrote:
Graham Harrison wrote:

I looked at hotels in downtown San Francisco and a number of them are
already full. The remainder are often over $200. Now, I know that's not
unheard of but I kind of get the impression something might be happening
downtown about then.

Have you looked into services like hotwire and hotels.com?

Good weekend rates at the airport hotels. Hotwire had Sheraton at $46
when I looked this weekend. Yeah, no guarantee it was the Sheraton, but
this is what you would get according to the info at Betterbidding.
Not downtown, surely, but a very good rate. Argonaut at the Wharf was
going for $137 for Labor Day weekend, last week when I checked. Not bad.
The hotel direct rate was $188.