Old April 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

Default freeeeaked out flight cancelled

"TMOliver" wrote in
:

wrote ...

I wrote on here earlier about the flight safety thingy and my flight
got cancelled today. Now I am REALLY fahreeeaked out on flying. I
hope they sort this stuff out soon before a bad happens. Anyone else
here have a mess up flying this week???

More or less, about 100,000 people today. AA owns and operates 300
MD80 a/c requiring an additional round of inspection for a potential
non-retracting nose gear problem and related factors. Tuesday
afternoon, AA pulled them all from service, resulting in many CNXed
flights, and a slow resumption of service as inspections are complete
and the a/c are "fed back" into the system, a slow multi-day process.

There's no point in attempting to fix blame, as it rests on both the
airline's and the FAA shoulders.

TMO

Forbes.com has a very interesting article on this today. The headline is
"FAA CYA?"

The ariticle can be found at:
http://tinyurl.com/3hek37

For those who don't trust the above link, the full link is:
http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/10/air...biz-logistics-
cx_tvr_0410airlines.html?partner=yahootix

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)