Old April 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

Default freeeeaked out flight cancelled

Kurt Ullman wrote in
:

In article ,
Marty Shapiro wrote:

You are aware that by FAA rules, a pilot can fly an aircraft fro A to
B, let another pilot fly it from B to C and back, and the fly it from
B to D and the flights from A to B and B to D are in a perfectly
airworthy aircraft while for the flights from B to C and back the
aircraft was not airworthy? (At no time was the aircraft inspected
by a mechanic nor any mechanical changes made to the aircraft from
the departure at A to the arrival at D.)

Yep. I am also aware that this is hardly news to airlines that have
been paying attention. My only comment was that this was hardly a
gotcha moment for the airlines.

I believe there is blame on both sides (airline, FAA), as the Forbes
article pointed out.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.