Old February 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Carnival announces record sales and fare increases

Seehorse Video wrote:
"peter" wrote in message
On 2/26/10 4:34 AM, in article
,
"Warren"
wrote:

On Feb 25, 9:44 am, Tom K wrote:
At least they've been astute enough to not implement the fuel surcharge
with so many people out of work, losing their homes, on food stamps,
working only part time, or working jobs with no benefits, etc.
Tom,

It's highly unlikely that unemployed people on food stamps are going
to book a cruise at any price.

Warren

Also, both RCL and CCL have successfully increased marketing efforts in
Europe and Asia. Passenger numbers have been growing at double digit rates
the last couple of years and are expected to reach new records this year.
Of
course, living beyond your means is not generally the norm in Asean and
European countries.

There has also been a noticeable push for cruising in Australia. I think
RCCL and CCL are active there and have had a big increase in ships and sales
in Aus/NZ waters. Maybe our "down under" readers can provide accurate data.

I mentioned this on my blog a while ago. Sales and fares are way up in
Australia for Royal Caribbean. Look at

http://www.etravelblackboard.com/sho...d=101868&nav=5

Royal Caribbean is sending the Radiance of the Seas to Australia, and
the Rhapsody is already there.

--

George Leppla

Countryside Travel http://www.CruiseMaster.com