Old October 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Passports and Gov shutdown ??

In article ,
"Observant Lurker" wrote:

On Sep 21 2013 9:56 PM, Jaap wrote:

Passport Services might be Suspended. Passport about to expire? Get it

updated before Sept. 30.
Passport services would be suspended in the event of a government shutdown

with a few exceptions in
cases of emergencies.

If you take a cruise to foreign ports and you don't leave the ship, then
you don't need a passport; correct?
Most of the cruises I see advertised go to places, where I wouldn't walk
around the city without my .45 and that could create some problems.

"COW..C-O-W eieio buzz "Dagnabbit"

Nope, you still need it to get off the ship and back in the country at
the end.
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe