Old February 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM
PTravel

"George Greene" wrote in message
That "hassle factor" is a major one to me......basically, unless we're
talking 2 full days of driving or more, we're going to be making the trip

by
car, and not plane. Way too many unneccessary "dog & pony show" security
features, not to mention the capriciousness(different rules w/every
screener)of it all.

George

Are you driving across the border? From where? I've crossed into the US
from both Mexico and Canada post-9/11. Of course, I'm a citizen, but the
process didn't seem any more onerous than the usual garbage I go through
when I fly home from international travel. I agree that it's a dog-and-pony
show, but I'm not sure that it's so horrible that it, alone, is a reason for
avoiding the US (though I can think of other reasons just now). You do
know, don't you, that once you're in the US, there are no more security
checks if you're driving (except occassional checks on I-5 just north of San
Diego looking for illegal aliens).

Juliana L Holm wrote in message

The Washington Post's article this morning on this topic noted that

issue
as twofold, both the distaste for American actions and the hassle factor
of the new security procedures.

--
Julie