Old December 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Frank Slootweg

Default Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Sharx35 wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:47:49 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:

.. wrote:
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:17:07 +0100, Frank Slootweg
wrote:
[msge snipped & rec.travel.australia+nz deleted]

[rec.travel.australia+nz re-added. See below as to why. Please don't
break it again, at least not for this sub-thread. Thanks.]

It had no business in rec.travel.australia+nz to begin with as you
well know Frank.

Hi Cath! Long time no 'see'! We have this hate/love thingie going on,
don't we? We trash eachother, unless someone else trashes either of us,
then one comes to the rescue of the other. Weird, but kinda nice.

Anyway, care to explain *why* you think it had no business in
australia+nz to begin with? *I* *said* why I thought it was justified to
crosspost. Just - implicitly - saying "You're wrong!", without
explaining why, doesn't cut it.

IME/IMO, stripping groups most of the time creates more problems than
it 'solves', and stripping without saying so is nearly always
inappropriate.

FWIW, *my* rule is that I don't strip groups, unless they are
*totally
and utterly* inappropriate, *and*, if and when I do, I leave all groups
in the Newsgroups: line intact and strip only in the Followup-To: line,
*and* *say so* in my text. In that way, nobody is taken by surprise.
(That is how Newsgroups:/Followup-To: should be used.)

Again, no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz.

Again: *What* is "no blardy biz in rec.travel.australia+nz" and *why*?

Cath

Ooh ! Looks like the "Net Cop" is back once more....

Like many Euros, Frank thinks that HE knows best.

And you saying that to *Tony*, exactly *why*?

But to 'please' you: No, I never think that I know *best*. In some or
perhaps even many cases, I not just *think* I know, but I *know* I know
(but not "best", which is a stupid concept, which apparently only
obnoxious anonymous jerks believe in).

So how about you, when will you try the "think" bit? (The "know" bit
is for the next round.)