Old March 13th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Gerrit 't Hart

Default KLM

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"Douglas W. Hoyt" wrote in message
Once in the air OK but the ground staff is ignorant and

arrogant.

My experiences in Amsterdam are excellent with the ground

staff--couldn't
be
more courteous and caring. At other airports, however, you might run

into
subcontracted staff, who really don't know and don't care.

My experiences and those of family members have all been at Schiphol,

over
at least 5 occasions, none of them good!
We try and steer clear of them.

In what way experiences have been not so good ? For one and the same

reason
or for different reasons ? You seem to be loyal to visiting the airport
anyways.

Hey, when you have relatives living in the country you tend to go to the
main airport there, so we are almost stuck with it. Next month we are trying
something different. Flying from Perth to Paris and picking up a lease
Renault there and driving to Vlissingen. Hopefully that is better.
We have flown into Schiphol usually with Malaysian which has a code share
with KLM and they use KLM's checkin staff. These have been pretty
incompetent, eg taking much longer over simple checkins than elsewhere, the
staff have been rude and generally unhelpful. Once we were flying AMS to
Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi, and then after a week there Langkawi - Perth, they
tried to book us AMS - PER - Langkawi and although I tried to tell her she
was doing it wrong, wouldn't listen and took about half an hour to sort it
all out, meanwhile muttering under her breath abouth about people who travel
out of the ordinairy (I didn't think I was but still). And when it was
sorted out tried to blame us!

Gerrit