Old September 24th, 2003, 11:00 PM
rob tyler

Default driving across the usa - the developments

"JamesStep" wrote in message
i have been using a Hallwag map of the USA
which has distances between cities

The online map sites like Yahoo Maps and Mapquest will not
only map your route, but will also give you the exact mileage
every step of the way.

(I've heard that the AAA (American Automobile Association)
online maps are the best because they also indicate where
there's road construction, speed traps, and other details that
the other map sites don't get into. But you have to be a member
to access AAA maps, I think.)

James

i've just tried mapquest and am very impressed - that's going to be handy -
dont suppose you have a version of our Multimap that does aerial photos of
areas - that you can view overlayed by a road map as well:
http://www.multimap.com - it only seems to work if you put in a UK town -
for the USA you just get the maps without the aerial photo option....