Old February 23rd, 2008, 09:53 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
rydale

Default Wildviews is back, and Kenya survives - for now

Hi Pat
Any feedback welcome of course.

Yes, I've been following the news - looked like things might have been
improving last week, but then Condoleeza Rice decided to go out to claim the
'victory' so it was inevitable there would be some backpeddling. (sorry to
get political for a moment).

I hope that Kenya can truly recover, but I fear it may take a significant
time as there will be a significant distrust now amongst her own people, as
well as the huge drop in tourist numbers fuelling poverty.

I've been in touch with the Colobus Trust on Diani Beach and they are
struggling to keep going as not only have the tourists (who pay for eco
tours and products) disappeared, but their paying volunteers have all
cancelled.

They have a blog here -
http://colobus.wildlifedirect.org/20...mergency-plea/

If anyone out there can help with donations, it really would be appreciated.

Cheers

Charles

"Pat Anderson" wrote in message
In message , rydale
writes
Hi all

I've put Wildviews photo gallery back online after a complete re-write.

There are some African shots amongst the mix.
Happy to take comments / criticisms (!).

Charles
www.wildviews.com

Charles, hello,
I will have a look. No doubt you have been following the news from Kenya,
it has been a bad time there and it`s not over yet.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson