Old January 20th, 2012, 11:41 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,talk.politics.guns,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
Scout[_2_]

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

"Shall not be infringed" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 12:34 pm, RD Sandman
wrote:
Shall not be infringed wrote
:

On Jan 18, 1:41 am, "Charles Dickey" wrote:
I did some traveling lately and noted that some passengers who
were told to turn off their phones, did so, and as soon as the
stewardess passed on, they turned them right back on. This is a
safety precaution for all, and the deliberate refusal for the
passengers to comply could have a fatal result for me.
If I kill the asshole because I fear for my life, will this be
considered an act of self defense?

Discuss.

Ummm. Probably not justified.

Damn, someone who figured it out without a lot of hoopla.

But... what if they're actually calling the phone connected to a bad
thing in their check bag?

Good luck, since the aircraft skin and interior deck would provide a very
effective faraday shield against any sort of radio transmission. Further
cargo loaded on passenger aircraft is all pre-screened for explosives and
thus it would be hard to get such a device in place. Further assuming a
device is in place...why would you need to 'contact' it with your cell phone
anyway?
There is very little you can done from your phone that could be done
remotely via timers and various types of sensors.