Old February 22nd, 2004, 04:08 AM
A Mate

Default Air New Zealand vs. Qantas

Smoking!!?? Sheesh - ancient history!

Qantas has newer aircraft; better safety record!

"Laurie Fleming" wrote in message
In article ,
"james_anatidae" wrote:

All other things being equal (price, time, route) which would you prefer

fly?

Air New Zealand. I've got my air miles with them (yeah I know - flying
would/could be cheaper if they didn't exist, but nevertheless it's worth
the odd upgrade), and I've never had any problems with them.

Qantas - well, some of the worst flights I've had anywhere have been
with them. Being put in non-smoking, but one row ahead of the smokers,
despite our ensuring beforehand twice that our seats would be nearer the
front; being told by a stewardess when she asked us about our food and
receiving our less than positive response, "Well what do you expect -
it's airline food." An elderly friend ended up being very ill on a
flight from England-land when they ran out of water!

It's still not as bad as Royal Air Maroc (blocked toilets / ham in the
vegetarian meal / smoking section on the right-hand side!) or
Continental, and I'm sure most of the time they're fine, but just one or
two bad experiences can really put you off an airline. I've luckily
never had more than the odd glitch with AirNZ.