Old October 23rd, 2003, 10:03 AM
alfred

Default NZ weather in November--what to pack?

Sarah wrote:

All,

Thanks to the people on this group, I have my final itinerary for New
Zealand. I'll be there the third week of November.

Hey, Sarah, glad to hear you have things sorted. No Dunedin leg - shame.

So my question is--what type of clothing should I pack?

I'm going to be on the South Island the whole time, doing a circle from
Christchurch, to Te Anau/Milford Sound, then up the west coast (to the
glaciers), through Arthur's Pass to return to Christchurch...
I'm trying to pack light, but I don't want to do laundry. What sorts of
clothes should I pack? If I wear a sweatshirt and have a fleece, should
that be enough? What about at night?

At the moment in Dunedin, we have had quite a few t-shirt days so I'd
count on that being the norm: putting on a sweatshirt and then fleece as
you head to the glaciers should see you right. If you're going walking,
think about rainwear, however. You were doing the B&B thing for
accomodation, weren't you? Unless you're wanting to dress up, then a
sweatshirt should be fine in terms of keeping warm.