Old July 11th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Eupe-mbwa

Default Mandazi recipe

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:05:52 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

In message , "Eupe-mbwa
(Wh1t3d0g)" writes
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:46:27 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

Are you a Mbwa Kali I wonder?

A hot dog? I couldn't possibly comment!!

Fierce dog-- hot is moto!
You see large signs on big houses warning you of Mbwa Kali or Fierce
Dog. Kali can also be used with a "Pili Pili" meal. You will
probably find Chicken or Prawn Pili Pili in the African Cookbook.

I've got "abrasive, lurid, sharp, hot" for "kali", some of which might
describe me (again, I'm sure I shouldn't really comment!) and many
dogs out in the African sun. Much context based confusion seems to
arise from translating!!
I'm rather tempted to put up an "Abrasive Dog" warning on the garden
gate now...
--
Eupe mbwa.
Kufa kikondoo, ndiko kufa kiungwana.